The Journal invites original, unpublished manuscripts from academicians, authors, legal professionals and students from India and abroad. Submissions can be made in the form of Long Articles, Short Articles or Notes and Comments.
These articles are aimed at a comprehensive and sustained analysis of a particular legal topic. The analysis must be in the present paradigm, it must identify the existing lacunae while providing constructive suggestions or recommendations to counter the same. Furthermore, the author(s) is/are also encouraged to write analytical responses to earlier publications of the Review. The prescribed word limit on these articles is 6500-8500 words, including footnotes.
These articles must expound and analyse specific topics while providing greater insight, a new perspective on and critical insight on the subject. The prescribed word limit on these articles is 3500-6000 words, including footnotes.
Notes and Comments
‘Notes and Comments’ are an important feature of the Review. A note is a concise argument focusing on contemporary legal issues or controversies, aimed at providing an
- Long articles and Short articles must be accompanied by an Abstract not exceeding 200 words.
- Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed for both Long articles and Short articles. Co-authorship for Notes and Comments is not permitted. All works must be original, unpublished, and should not be pending for review before any other Journal. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication in the Review.
- Furthermore, submissions that exceed the word limit will not be accepted.
- In order to ensure transparency in the blind review process, the name of the author or institutional affiliation must not be mentioned anywhere in the manuscript or its properties.
- The main body of the manuscript should be formatted to Garamond font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and footnotes should be formatted to Garamond font size 10, with 1.0 line spacing.
- All headings must be formatted in a uniform manner. Text and footnotes should conform to A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed. 2015) (“The Bluebook”). Speaking footnotes are discouraged. Endnotes are discouraged and submissions containing the same will be rejected.
- The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by a 200-word abstract.
- The second page should contain a table of contents, and the main body of the manuscript must begin immediately thereafter.
Submissions through Online Form
- All submissions must be made through the Online Form. The link to the form is as follows: https://forms.gle/SMWQiKvv1wGr4X557
- The manuscript must be in a Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’). Ensure that the title of the document has been renamed to the title of the manuscript. PDF/other formats/ hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
• Permissions for subsequent publication/ reprint and/or derivative works must be obtained from NLUJ Law Review’s Editorial Team.
• NLUJ Law Review follows a comprehensive blind review procedure. The Journal shall endeavour to keep the authors informed about the current status of their manuscript as it goes through each stage of review.
•NLUJ Law Review retains complete discretion over acceptance/rejection of manuscripts.
•NLUJ Law Review does not entertain requests for advance decisions based on abstracts, topic proposals or outlines. Editorial decisions shall be based solely on the review of the final manuscripts submitted by the authors.
•Post-review, manuscripts may be returned to the authors with suggestions related to substance and/or style. Acceptance of a manuscript may be made contingent on the incorporation of such suggestions. (Provisional Acceptance).
•NLUJ Law Review reserves the right to request copies of any resources or authorities cited in the manuscript.
- To view a sample please click here, or use the following link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19rki2-PHR87ahzPd8o0HrWXJ75QSFDgZ
- To view the Quick Reference Guide to the 20th Edition of the Bluebook please click here, or use the following link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zim9NXRDfrBZkkl0h3vVpf_KBSw6uV_T